Affected Texans are encouraged to report property damage. Share pertinent details and photos to assist emergency management officials in the preliminary damage assessment process.
Individual and Family Resources
Texas Emergency Management Council State Agencies & Partners Resources
- Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service: Winter preparedness and recovery information from the Extension Disaster Education Network.
- Texas A&M Forest Service: “After the Storm” tree care and oak tree winter storm recovery information, follow @AllHazardsTFS
- Texas Animal Health Commission: Extreme winter weather resources for animal owners
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality: Water shutoff information
- Texas Department of Insurance: Insurance claim filing helpline phone number is 1-800-252-3439, podcast addressing water damage and frozen pipe prevention
- Texas Department of Public Safety: Texas Roadside Assistance 1-800-525-5555
- Texas Department of State Health Services: Disaster Planning & Kit Information
- Texas Department of Transportation: Check road conditions online or by calling 1-800-452-9292, follow TxDOT on Twitter.
- Texas Health & Human Services Commission: Dial 2-1-1 for social services and disaster-related information such as extreme weather shelters, warming centers, crisis counseling, and food, rent and utility payment assistance.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department: Online resources
- Public Utility Commission of Texas: Winter storm links, outage maps, contact information to report outages
- Texas Water Development Board: Real-time weather data
- Texas Workforce Commission: Customer Relations: 1-800-628-5115, twc.texas.gov
- University of Texas at Austin: Emergency webpage
- American Red Cross: Winter Storm Preparedness Information, Find an Open Shelter.